Sunday, June 13, 2010

School Supplies All Year Long

From the Dollar Stretcher Website:
When the big box stores run their super cheap back-to-school sales on school supplies, I always stock up for the entire school year. Buying a folder or even a ruled notebook can get pricey when the normal prices come back, but you can get folders at 10 for $1, crayons at 4 for $1, and inexpensive glue sticks in August.

I also stock up on extra markers, crayons and any other fun item I can find to give as a gift when all those birthday party invitations start rolling in. Even if it isn't the main gift, a small gift can seem much nicer when a pack of crayons or makers are added to the bag. I also try to have enough on hand to put in stockings at Christmas or as a rainy day or sick day present.

School boxes or pencil holders are usually $2 to $3 also. These can be great storage containers for craft items or any other small items you may need to store. They are pretty durable and come in lots of colors and a couple different sizes. Some even have handles.
Linda

editor's note: For more on buying school supplies for less, please click here.

Note from Lucy: This is something I have done for years.... I do all of our "supply" shopping in August when the folders, paper, pens, crayons and etc. are one sale... Several weeks ago, when we had our Emergency Preparedness Fair, I used five boxes of crayons that I had purchased last August for the fair... I had only paid ten cents per box for the crayons. My budget for the fair was small and it helped keep my costs down. The supplies that I buy get used all year long and costs far less than if I were to buy them all during the year.... If you own your own business, you might try this method for purchasing supplies....

Have a great week everyone...

6 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

That is a fantastic idea for this grandmother. Thanks Lucy!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Good thoughts, Lucy! I generally dol that if I'm in town. But it isn't worth the cost of gas to drive in just for a bargain on notebooks.

One thing, I recycle old freebee notebooks with company logos. Nail polish remover and/or hair spray will remove the logo fairly fast.
..

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Jim said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Putz said...

four crayons for a dollar, that is only 25 cents each, woow, do we get to choose the colors for that price?????????

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I don't have kids in school anymore but my girls stock up, and I pick up a lot of office supplies.

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Lucy, are you okay? I've been gone for a month and back for a week and you didn't post all that time.

If you are reading come see our youngest grandkid on my blog. She is getting big.
..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home